Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
Chapter 5: Discussion Board and Reply to a Classmate (Click here to read instructions)
1. The first activity you will complete for Chapter 5 (Listening) is a pre-activity Listen Survey.
2. Second, read Chapter 5 and the Discussion Board instructions.
3. Third, watch the video below. Click the image to start. The video will open in a pop-up window. The discussion board is NOT based upon this video. I have simply included the video for you to watch because so many people believe they are good multitaskers, when in fact, they are not.
4. Follow the instructions and prompts given in the instructions and post two paragraphs. Additionally, respond to at least one of your classmates. Your two paragraphs and your response post will be graded.
5. Read Chapter 5. Read the Chapter 5 Discussion Board prompt and write your response. You must submit your own post before you may see any other student’s post. When in the discussion board, start by clicking “Create Thread.” Your response to a classmate will be graded.
6. Watch the Julien Treasure TED Talk, “5 Ways to Listen Better. Then, take the quiz to earn up to 50 points.
Multitasking Is a Myth, and to Attempt It Comes at a Neurobiological Cost
User: n/a – Added: 5/9/16
Read: Chapter 5
Worth: 50 points
Process: Individual Work and Interactive with Class
Objectives: To identify correctly faulty listening behaviors that we and others engage in and reasons for poor listening that may hinder our ability to listen effectively.
Disc 2: Chptr 5 DB and Reply to a ClassmateDisc 2: Chptr 5 DB and Reply to a Classmate
In the video above, the reporter showed how multi-tasking leads to poor listening. According to your textbook, this message overload, the bombardment of texts, emails, face-to-face messages often means that while we are able to function and respond, we don’t always do so appropriately, we tend to forget what we were doing, or feel rushed and distracted.
Your Original Paragraph (25 points)
Write about a specific time when you or someone you know engaged in poor listening. Your example must involve ADULTS only. Describe the situation and then label what you think was the Faulty Listening Behavior at play. Choose a term from pages 132-33 of your book under the subsection heading “Faulty Listening Behaviors.” (There are seven terms from which to choose). Underline, highlight, bold, italicize or CAPITALIZE your choice so that it is visually apparent which faulty listening behavior you are describing in your scenario.
Your Reply to a Classmate Paragraph (25 points)
Read one of your classmate’s posts about a time they experienced a faulty listening behavior. Analyze their story and determine what you think was the Reason for Poor Listening. Choose a term from pages 129-132 under the heading “Reasons for Poor Listening” (there are 9 terms from which to choose). Underline, highlight, bold, italicize or CAPITALIZE your choice so that it is visually apparent which reason you chose. If applicable, give them advice on what you think could have been done differently. See the example for help.
-25 if original paragraph or response is missing
-5-20 if original paragraph is off topic, does not involve poor listening or another person, or does not contain enough details
-15 if original post does not contain a term from “Faulty Listening Behaviors”
-10 if the choice is used incorrectly
-15 if response does not contain a term from “Reasons for Poor Listening”
-10 if the choice is used incorrectly
– 2 points per term if that choice is not clearly indicated by an underline, highlight, bold, italics, or CAPITALIZATION
How to Submit: Click on the link above.Click “Create Thread” to write (or copy and paste in) your assignment.
Review your assignment carefully.Click “Submit” to post.
Read another student’s post and click “Reply” directly under their post to write.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more