Completed quickly and followed instructions given. Grammar, spelling, etc. was all good as well. Thank you so much! Will hire in the future.
THE SELF CONCEPT
The Self-Concept is a stable collection of beliefs about oneself. Generally, one’s self-concept embodies the answer to “Who am I? It includes the past, present, and future selves, where future selves represent individuals’ ideas of what they might become, what they would like to become, or what they are afraid of becoming.
Self-Concept also differs from Self-Esteem.
Self-concept is a cognitive or descriptive component of one’s self (e.g. “I am a fast runner”), while Self-Esteem is evaluative and opinionated (e.g. “I feel good about being a fast runner”).
THE SELF CONCEPT BOX
The Self Concept Box is an activity that we use to create opportunities for students to explore, understand, share information about how they see themselves. In the process, students generally learn a lot about themselves while having fun.
This assignment is titled: The Self Concept Box: How do I see myself?
Self-Concept Box Activity
1. Select a container or box that reflects your personality. a. You WILL explain your box/container of choiceb. You WILL explain why you chose that box/container2. Select 5 tangible items that you would want to use to represent you. These tangible items should be used to represent one of the following concepts: a. An attitudeb. An idea c. A belief
3. You are NOT be required to:a. Find more than 5b. Find anything that is outside of your common (daily) environments.
4. You may use ONE photograph onlya. You may NOT use your cell phones or other electronic devices
5. You WILL:b. explain in detail the relationship between the item and your identified personality or characteristic trait(s). c. explain how you feel about these traits and if/how you plan to improve on them or change them.
For this assignment here are some definitions that you may find helpful:
1. “Box” means: anything that can hold things in it —-a container! (Please DO NOT overthink this!). You may use any container you like, EXCEPT the following:a. your book bag b. a plastic shopping bag2. Connect means: how you see yourselves through these items and the meaning that these items have for you.3. Items mean: Anything in your personal domain that you find connection to, and that you would want to use to explain how you see yourselves. You may use any item you like, but EXCEPT cell Phones (any electronic device). One family pictures can be used.
The self-concept box is a reflection of your personality trait or characteristics. You DO NOT need to ask anyone about this. You are the person identifying YOUR traits and characteristics.
1. READ everything here before emailing me to say you do not understand. 2. When you email me, please have very specific questions to ask, instead of saying “I don’t
understand the assignment.”
3. Summaries will be submitted in class before your presentations.
QUALITY OF WORK
This class has a very high standard when it comes to quality of work that students produce. If you do C-Quality work, please expect a C-Quality grade.
In order to do well in this class, all your written work require the following:
1. Writing that indicates college-level understanding and reproduction
In addition, all your work must satisfy the following criteria:
2. Work must be detailed
Detailed means that all your work must have an introduction, adequate description or explanation, and supporting evidence. Just barely answering a question with no supporting evidence will get you, at best, a grade of D for this assignment.
a. LET ME REPEAT THIS: SIMPLY ANSWERING A QUESTION WITH NO FUTHER THOUGHT BEHIND IT, WILL NOT NET YOU A GOOD GRADE. 3. Work must be Research-based. a. Your ideas are fantastic but academic work must be grounded in research. b. Use the internet to find the Research to support your workc. ASSUME THAT EVERY QUESTION THAT YOU ARE ASKED, REQUIRES SOME RESEARCH. This is true for work that you are writing about personal experiences as well. 4. Work must include examplesa. Examples demonstrate understanding and application. 1. Simply stating a fact and not providing an example will not get you a good grade. 2. Once you can use the language of the discipline and accurately apply the information to situations/scenarios, that demonstrates understand of the material.
Here is an Example:
Question: Discuss a conflict issue that you are having with someone close to you.
a. A good answer includes a definition of the word conflict.b. A good answer includes research about what is written about how people who are close to us behavec. A good answer then, narrows down the above to your specific issue.d. This way, you will demonstrate a complete understanding of the concept.
Self-Concept Box Rubric
C – D
(2 – 4)
• Overall quality of responses • Considers instructions
The responses discuss the topic, brings a new perspective to the topic (outside research), applies readings, lectures, and/or significant insight from personal experience.
Responses consider general instructions
The responses discuss the topic, applies readings, lectures and/or insight from personal experience.
Responses consider some instructions
The responses discuss the topic but brings no relevant insight based on the readings, applies limited insight from personal experience.
Responses consider few instructions
Responses suggest personal opinion or belief only; brings no insight based on the readings, no application of new knowledge
Responses did not consider instructions
Knowledge Application (10)
• Awareness • Feelings• Quality of response
The response considers the instructions, is well thought out regarding details and explanation of feelings; application of information adds quality to response
The response considers some instructions, contains detailed explanation of feelings; application of information adds some quality to response
The response considers limited instructions contains details and explanation of feelings; application of information
Response is not well thought out, does not consider instructions about details and explanation of feelings; no application of information; no quality to response
Writing Mechanics (10)
• Grammar• Spelling• Sentence Construction
Response contains no errors in grammar spelling, or sentence construction
Response contains few errors in grammar spelling, or sentence construction
Response contains errors in grammar spelling, or sentence construction that distract reader from content
Response contains many errors in grammar spelling, or sentence construction that distract reader from content
Items Identified (Must be 5 for Yes)
Total Points Earned
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more